Sunday, November 13, 2011

SLOW DOWN Button?

Today I rocked Deckydoo to sleep for his late afternoon nap. He fell asleep without much of a fight and was sleeping so peacefully. Drew was over at a friends house, so it was just Duke (our sweet doggie) him, and me. Duke was already asleep on the couch as well... So instead of putting him up in his crib like I normally would do, I just held him. For the simple reason that, I could then just stare at him for the entire time he was asleep. I realized tonight that he won't always want to cuddle with me. He is growing too fast as it already is, with more and more clothes headed into the "too big for those" pile. Today I put on a 6-9 month button up shirt on him, and despite being slightly big, it really fit better than the smaller stuff. And it made me sad, he looked like such a little boy and less like my little newborn.

I mostly think this started because the primary program was today. And it was adorable. But all that I could really think about it how Decky would be up there in a few years and it all seemed much too close! I'm excited for him to grow and change and get to see more of his cute personality, don't get me wrong. It just also breaks my heart that he won't always be my little tiny baby boy. It's bitter sweet really. I'm sure all the other mothers out there have had the same realization many times, today was my time.

Here are a few photos I snapped on my phone this week of him... Enjoy! I sure do :)





Hanging with me, waiting for daddy to come home from school...

Sleeping in my arms, while I snapped this picture... One of the only times he has taken a binkie, so I HAD to get a picture.  Plus, he loves that giraffe!  Chews and slobbers all over it, and holds it so tight!


Here he is with us on Friday night.  His Weber grandparents were here visiting so we got to go to dinner.  Soon after he fell fast asleep without a fight in that car seat and then slept through dinner.  Such a good little boy! :)


1 comment:

  1. that last pic is my favorite- such handsome features! and yes, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete