Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Deckydoo :)

Okay people!  I am BACK!  And I have a goal to update this blog twice a month... Now I know that is not anything huge to most, but if you take a look at my blogging history, it really is for me!  Now I have the time though, being a stay at home mommy.  I know I can update this, at least during one of Deckydoo's naps. 
Life has taking a serious "grown up" turn.  Our bouncing baby boy is 3 months old and growing like a weed.  I can not even handle it!  It is amazing to look at the world through his eyes, as I get to watch him discover new things each day.  His current favorites are the play gym his Grandma Amy got for him.  It has a sunshine in the middle that lights up and plays music and he just giggles away underneath it.  He also still really likes his vibrating bouncer chair - it has a piggy that he thinks is so funny.  He is a pretty good napper and a good eater.  Morning and afternoon naps - he puts himself down.  I just lay him in the crib and turn on the mobile and he talks himself to sleep.  The late evening nap is the only one he fights a little - but most days I don't really mind.  It's just an excuse for me to hold and cuddle him until he finally goes down.  Night time isn't as great as I would have hoped.  Don't get me wrong, it could be worse, but it's not what I was promised.  I read all these books about getting your baby to sleep throught the night by 7 weeks old.  And I followed them to a T!  But nope, he has slept through the night (7 + hours) 3 or 4 times.  Most times he wakes up once every night, until lately - and now he is waking up twice!  I don't know why... I didn't change anything!  Anyhow - I don't really mind too much.  I made myself a crazy grumpy cranky mom trying to follow those books, and now I just regard them as suggestions and am trying to do what works for Deckydoo and me! 
He is such a sweet little spirit in our home.  The perfect addition to our little family.  Drew and I just love to get down on the floor with me and do all sorts of silly voices, noises and faces to get him to give us big smiles and laughs.  He is beautiful in every way and just such a gift from our Heavenly Father.  What a blessing!  We just can not get enough of him.  I am
 adding this photo to prove my point (obviously not because I look good, ha).  Here I am just trying to play play play with him, and he is looking at me like he totally thinks I am crazy!  :) 

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to your posts whenever they come! That picture at the top is priceless! Wish you all were closer- he really is growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post... Reminds me I need to make more time to play with Luke. He doesn't get nearly as much attention as Declan is getting. :) you are a great momma!

    ReplyDelete